Thursday, September 25, 2008

Ottawa, Canada

So did anyone catch the NHL pre-season Ottawa Senators vs. the Philadelphia Flyers game Wednesday night? Of course you did. So you must have seen me on TV - club level, center ice, 4 rows up from the penalty box...yeah, that was the top of my head! I had a little understanding of the game from last year, but watching it live was so fun! Hockey players are tough dudes. There were 3 pretty good fights...gloves off...helmets off...totally going for it. I think that's why people enjoy hockey, that and the body slamming into the boards, b/c trying to follow the puck, well that's just pointless.

My aunt and I are visiting my cousins for a long weekend in Ottawa. We're headed to Montreal for a few days. Better brush up on my French. I was totally surprised when driving over here from Toronto...it's absolutely beautiful. It reminds me of New England, lots of trees/forests..and the leaves are changing color, it's just stunning. Although it's the capital, it's a small town with a small town feel. Downtown is super cute, with tons of restaurants and shops, beautiful churches with turquoise domes, and their Parliament buildings could have been picked right out from London. Can you tell...I'm impressed. And I'm in Canada.


3 comments:

felicia king said...

of course that was the top of your head! I'd recognize it ANYWHERE! Girlfriend I am soooooo sorry I missed your birthday. I was really making it a point to NOT miss you birthday and I'll be damn, I dont' even know where I was I what i was doing but I feel terrible about that.....let me make it up to you! cocktails, lunch, dinner, movies, you name it! I'll take you on a date:) Hugs and kisses, I miss you so much it's sickning. and HOPE to see yo azz before 2008 ends!!! luv ya!!

Melodie said...

I told you it is a fantastic country! And duh! Everyone watches pre-season hockey games! In fact, we Canucks totally love it when the playoff season runs INTO the pre-season... that rocks!

Melodie said...

Felicia commented? And she misses you and is taking you on a date? Man.. you have all the luck! I'm going to bug Felicia now.. she needs to take ME on a date too.