Sunday, May 11, 2008

3 Months!

I can't believe 3 months have passed since I left California. I feel grounded, secure, strong, confident and at the same time, I feel calm and peaceful. Navigating part of the world, alone, has put all my emotions to the test. I am better than before, I feel better, I think I look better. Or it could be that I finally got a hair cut and an eyebrow wax. The lady at the salon said I looked "lighter". Not sure if she meant physically or spiritually, but it's a good description of how I feel.

I'm in the suburbs of Tel Aviv, visiting my very good friend Masha and her family. Her children are beautiful and even though we don't speak the same language, throwing the ball, chocolate and hugs are universal. I'm getting primed for my jaunt to Europe, other than having my hair cut, I'm trading in my convertible pants-to-shorts, my scruffy t-shirts, and all my 'roughin' in gear' for some European appropriate attire. Which means, jeans! And maybe a dress! And some shoes!

From here I'm meeting my best friend in Greece for a 10-day holiday during my holiday and then a quick trip to Italy for a wedding (since I'm in the area and all). And then I head back to Eastern Europe: Turkey, Czech Republic, Romania, and potentially Russia. I'm trying to stay away from countries on the Euro, since the dollar is doing so poorly...
But you know, this could all change in a minute, given I have no set plan. And given the way things have gone so far, I'm rather expecting that what I expect to do, will change. So for all of my lovely friends who are anxiously awaiting my return, I can only say that it will most likely be sometime this year, but no promises :) However, I will give you plenty of advanced notice so you have time to chill the drinks and draft your toasts to how much you missed me. Thank you for your well wishes. I enjoy reading your comments on my blog...and that you actually read it and like it! That's to much :) I miss you too!

2 comments:

Rohanna said...

As much as I would love for you to come home, I know that you are enjoying life. I just wish I was able to enjoy a little bit with you in person. For now I will have to read your posts, close my eyes and imagine myself there with you.

Can't wait to read on
Ro.

Rez said...

Ro, I think you summed it for all of us who have been reading these blogs. Besides the places you've been on your world wide tour, the places you've been on your personal tour have shown through your writing. Looking forward to seeing you soon. I may be leaving the club business and headed over seas myself. I'll explain when we talk.