Friday, October 10, 2008

Vancouver, Canada

Who knew Canada had Thanksgiving?! Yeah, and it's tomorrow! So I'll get 2 Thanksgivings this year, lucky me. Zahra and Matt came up to Van for a quick holiday, which I'm super stoked about and we're going to fix a feast! I'm staying at my friend Al-Riaz's place downtown. Yet another long time homie, we met back in '92 when he lived in California. Crazy, I know. Anyway, Van is a super cool city, I feel very urban chic here. It's definitely a lifestyle city, as Al-Riaz puts it. People work to have a good time. Therefore it's not unusual to go out dancing on Tuesday night, which we did last week. The local gay bar had straight night, whatever that means. I couldn't tell. But fun nonetheless.


Van is yet another city I could live in. Surrounded by water on 3 sides, cute happenin' neighborhoods, very walkable, tons of outdoor activities...just up my alley, all except the Canadian part. LOL, ok, just kidding - sort of.


It's been pretty chill the last few days. I signed up for some yoga classes which have kicked my ass, walked around English Bay, checked out the view from my the 32nd floor roof top deck and have eaten ridiculously well. Not a bad way to wrap up a world wide tour. Yes, I did say wrapping up, as in the end of my trip is in sight. I'll be leaving for Seattle for a few days and then I'm going to drive back home. The plan is to take a week to drive down the Washington, Oregon and NCal coasts and be back in the Bay on October 26th. I know, take a deep breath...it's even a lot of detail and planning for me :) But, as I've told you before, even the best laid plans have a way of getting twisted around, so I can't make any promises, but I hope to see you soon.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Can't wait for you to come home! Although visiting you in random places has been pretty fun too. Love you.