Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Whistler, Canada

2 words - ZIP LINE!

Rez and I zipped through Whistler at 60km/hr on zip lines threaded throughout the trees in between Whistler and Blackcomb mountains. What a rush! At first I was a little nervous, I mean who wouldn't be? Clicked onto a cable by a paperclip and then to willingly step off a platform 50m (at least!) above the forest floor. Yeah, I was a little nervous. But after the first zip, you think you're bloody James Bond, hanging upside down, spinning around Look, ma...No hands! It was so cool.

Whistler definitely made me miss home. Especially my girlfriends and our weekends in South Lake Tahoe! It's a super cute, fun, active village just like the village at Heavenly or Squaw Valley with tons of fantastic restaurants, bars, people watching patios and great, overpriced shopping. The weather, although rainy and cold, made for perfect autumn days. The leaves were changing color and the first snows of the season dusted the highest peaks overnight.

Rez and I bonded, again, and caught up on the last 10 years. We just picked up like it was yesterday. Funny how time and distance don't really effect relationships that are important to you. These special people never leave your heart because they've touched your soul. I feel very fortunate to have the friendships that I do...all around the world I've been looked after and thought of by my friends at home and the ones I've met along the way. And the great thing is that these relationships work without effort, whether I'm near or far, we are always connected.

No comments: