Saturday, February 23, 2008

Christchurch



Yesterday I drove from Queenstown to Christchurch. I wish I had a couple more days there, b/c I would have loved to gone to Millford Sound, but that will have to wait until next time.

The drive was beautiful, this time green rolling hills & lots of sheep. It took about 6 hours, which passed fairly quickly, except for the last hour. The landscape turned flat and the wind was ridiculous, I wrestled with the car the entire time. Speaking of the car, I had to return it yesterday and I was kinda sad - that beast and I had been thru a lot together :)


I found my backpackers, New Excelsior, there's a sports bar on the first floor and then the rooms above. I was a little skeptical b/c yesterday was the final cricket match btwn the New Zealand Blacks and, I think, England. The whole country is way into cricket and rugby so I thought it might have been a little out of hand, but it was all very civilized.


I met a family from Israel who are vacationing together and all staying in a room here, mom, dad, brother, sister and cousin. They invited me to have dinner with them, but I had already eaten, considering it was 10pm when sat down. But the 'kids' invited me out, and we went to a place called Shooters. The drinking age here is 18, so everyone is super young. And the short skirts and daisy duke shorts were in full effect. Nonetheless it was fun, they played all the hip hop and house you could endure w/ videos. But I was tired from my drive and called it an early night at 1:30. I think that place stays open until 4 or 5 - of course I have to be in RARE form & with my girlfriends to stay out that late :)


I went to an outdoor market today and ran into Halee and Ray who design and make clothing. There stuff is super cool - and I told them that we would help get them started in the US :) so check them out at www.morphiccreations.com. It's a little spendy, but everything is unique.

I'm leaving for India tomorrow, well actually I have an overnight in Kuala Lumpur and then I'll be in India on Tuesday. Zahra is meeting me & I'm super excited to see her. So I probably wont have a chance to post for a few days.

Hope you guys are well! I miss you!

No comments: