Monday, June 2, 2008

Zagreb, Croatia


Thanks for your patience while I partied it up with my girlfriends. Here is a quick, G-rated summary of my last few weeks:
Greece was amazing and beautiful. Jen and I hit Athens and the islands of Paros and Santorini. My favorite was Paros, its very laid back and quaint. Definitely quintessential Greece with the white buildings, blue roof tops and cobblestone alleyways.
I forgot how much I love Italy! Venice was beautiful, beyond what I expected. Spending time with Kelsey was unforgettable. The wedding we went to at Lake Garda was spectacular, minus the torrential downpour all day.

And that's all I'll say about that.

I took the train to Zagreb, Croatia from Venice, its a quick 7 hour ride...I arrived at 4am, which at the rate I´d been going, was no big deal. But the late nights caught up with me and I got sick :( I feel bad for the people in my dorm room, b/c I have been coughing up a lung these last few days. I think a guy actually requested to move to a different room b/c of me...sorry! Anyway, I cruised around Zagreb for two days, it's an interesting city, lots of eastern and western European architecture, but overall unremarkable. The best, or worst, thing about this city is everyone parties, all day, every day. I swear people were drinking beers at 10:30 in the morning, like people who live-work here...not just me! HA

Ok, really, I waited until 11am, I mean its 5 somewhere right?

But it's really laid back, you can linger over a cup of coffee, or beer for hours and no one pressures you with the bill, or gives you the eye to get on.

No comments: