Monday, August 25, 2008

Olympos, Turkey

Talk about getting sucked in...Olympos is that kind of place. Its hardly a town, more like a village or giant campsite with mostly backpackers and a smattering of locals thrown in. Its claim to fame are the tree houses; some of them are pretty cool, but most are just wood structures without a roof on stilts. I opted for the dorm and a/c. Josh and I spent 3 nights in Olympos and honestly, I don't know where the time went. It was so ridiculously hot, that even walking the 10 minutes to the beach took me 2 days. Most of my time was spent lounging and reading, trying not to move too much. After 4 days on the boat I wasn't about to break the relaxation spell. However, the one super cool thing I did was get up at the crack of dawn to watch a baby turtle, just hatched, make it's way to the sea...

I ran into a couple that I met on one of my many bus rides and we were immediately invited into the 'cool' group. They had taken over one of the harem areas and we carried on laughing and drinking until the wee hours. And so 3 days passed...I could have easily spent the rest of my time in Turkey here.

No comments: