Saturday, August 2, 2008

Geneva, Switzerland

Finally out of the UK! I meandered down to Geneva to visit Misty and Manfred who had baby Finn just over 2 months ago. I don't know what I was expecting of Geneva, but it blew my mind. It is absolutely beautiful. From their house on the French side, you could see Lake Geneva and Mont Blanc (the highest peak in Europe). It's so green with vineyards climbing up the steep mountains that surround the lake. I have been absolutely spoiled with my accommodations, when it comes to my friends. And Misty & Manfred's house is no exception. They are in the foothills of some massive mountains with a ski run right above them. The property is sprawling with lots of trees and yard space and they have done beautiful work to the yard. Actually props to Manfred who has rediscovered his primal roots and took down a few trees for firewood. Oh, and just to add to the atmosphere, there were cows grazing in their back yard. It was very tranquil and I found myself loosing track of time.

Misty & Manfred have always been gracious hosts and this time was no exception. Besides myself, Misty's mom was visiting for a few months. The day after I arrived, friends of theirs and their children stayed for the weekend, and the day before I left 7 of Misty's family came through. I had such a good time reconnecting with them. We chilled at Lake Geneva for an afternoon, visited the vineyards, cooked amazing meals, and lounged at the house in the sun. It was an absolutely perfect week.

Baby Finn is ridiculously cute and just along for the ride. Slept well, ate well, hardly fussed. If we could all be that lucky. Even I complain more than Finn :)

Off to Turkey for a month and if I'm lucky, Syria as well. But don't worry, I really am on my way home :) ha ha, I know what you're thinking....

No comments: