Monday, July 20, 2009

Chiang Mai

I think we've gotten bored. There are 300 temples in Chiang Mai, plus mountain biking, rafting, monkeys, bungee jumping, spelunking, tigers...every packaged tour you can think of...and yet I've been wandering aimlessly for 2 days. Plus this guesthouse we're staying in, while it has a very cool common/social area, is hosting the most dour-est of travelers. That's the word Josh and I have decided best describes this crabby bunch: dour. Even typing the word is sad.

However, I did have a pretty fantastic 1/2 day at the spa today and we've eaten our way through most of the town. So not all bad :) But I haven't felt the pull of this place like some have. So, just to spice it up a bit, we're heading to Cambodia!
We got to talking (well he did most of the talking) to Captain Nick, a London-California-Thai transplant, who owns the only piano bar in town, and he sold us on a Cambodian trek he did, so we're off! This means I'm giving up island life at the end of my trip, but hopefully we'll make up for it on the Cambodian coast next weekend.

More when I get to CAMBODIA!

No comments: