Saturday, July 25, 2009

Sihanouk Ville, Cambodia

First I have to finish telling you about Siem Reap. Most people come here for the temples - well worth it and kinda the only thing to do....until you get to "Bar Street" and then it's like we turned the corner into Cabo. Needless to say, it was cra-zee! Bars, clubs, $.50 draft beers, bumpin music and the entire town's tourist population cruising around. This is where everyone goes after a long day at the temples. I was actually glad to sit and luxuriate w/ a few Beer Laos, b/c I let Josh convince me that bike riding through the park was a good idea. Actually it was, but I haven't owned a bike since 1992, much the less ridden one (seriously) since then. We biked for h.o.u.r.s. The distance wasn't long, maybe 20k or so, but damn, I was sore.

So we jumped on the overnight bus to the beach Friday night, which was just about as good as an overnight bus can be. Other than they oversold the seats, so 4 poor english guys had to sit in plastic chairs in the aisle for half of the journey. Every time someone had to use the loo, all 4 of them would have to move.

We got in about 6:30 this morning and the ground was still fresh from an early morning rain. Turns out it's been raining here for 2 weeks! but today there's a break in the weather, lucky us. I decided that after several days of being "in it" with other tourists, that we'd stay off the beaten path. I'm so glad we did. We negotiated our own bungalows for $3.50 a night, right on the beach! Best part: there are probably only 15 other "gringos" staying along this beach..

Looking forward to more of the same tomorrow - hammock naps, leisurely dips in the ocean, great seafood and of course, a beer lao or two.

I'm headed home on Monday and will be back Tuesday morning. So, that's it for the posts on this trip. thanks again for keeping track of me... with much love ~Farah

2 comments:

felicia king said...

YEEEAAAA!!!! YOUR COMING HOME!!! Nice trip - I gotta meet Josh and thank him for taking care of my homie on the road.

Vibhuti said...

Hey I know u love music and this is a unique tag I got for u..check it out at my blog and take it up..
PLz...would love 2 knw ur playlist!