Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Pre-Bangkok

I'm making a huge assumption, that you actually want to hear about my travels in Thailand. And if you don't...well that's too bad, you're on the list. Plus it's only 2 weeks, I mean how much will there be, right? The blog seemed like too much for this trip, but the requests were overwhelming, so I'm giving in.

It took me a while to get excited for this trip...I had too much going on, I was burning the candle from both ends and I was tired. Remember how much I learned last year about balance, about being grounded, about learning how to center? Yeah, me too. But it's hard to do when 'real' life happens. Between working full time, spending time with friends, going to the gym or having a night of the Weeds, I inadvertently neglect the part of me that keeps my feet on the ground, my head on right and everything in between connected. And, it's not like I don't want to do any of these fun things (work excluded), but remembering to take time out for me is easier said than done. But, the good news is that I'm aware of it and I know when it's time to take a break.

Now I'm excited.

No comments: